1 T oil
1 pound skinless boneless chicken breasts
1/2 cup diced onion
1 clove garlic, pressed
4 cups chicken broth
1 cup masa harina
3 cups water
1 cup enchilada sauce
one 16 ounce box Velveeta, diced
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
crumbled blue tortilla chips
salsa or pico de gallo
1. Add 1 T oil to a large pot over med. heat. Add chicken to pot and brown for 4-5 minutes per side. Set chicken aside.
2. Add onion and garlic to the pot and saute over med. heat for about 2 minutes, or until onion begins to become translucent. Add chicken broth.
3. Combine masa harina with 2 cups water in a med. bowl and whisk until blended. Add masa mixture to pot with onion, garlic, and broth.
4. Add remaining water, enchilada sauce, cheese, and spices to pot and bring to a boil.
5. Shred the chicken into small, bitesize pieces and add it to the pot. Reduce heat and simmer soup for 30-40 minutes or until thick.
6. Serve soup and garnish immediately.