Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Berry Cookie Cobbler

From Sandra Lee's Semi Homemade Cookbook


This is the best and easiest cobbler I have ever made. My husband prefers it over my mother's now, but don't tell her. We eat this at least once a week.

Berry Cookie Cobbler

2 bags (12 ounces each) frozen mixed berries, thawed
1 container (21-ounce) apple pie filling
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 roll (18-ounce) prepared sugar cookie dough
Vanilla ice cream

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large bowl, mix berries, apple filling, sugar, and cinnamon. Transfer fruit mixture to an 8 by 8 by 2-inch baking dish. Crumble cookie dough over fruit, covering thickly and completely. Bake uncovered until cookie crust is golden and crisp, and juices bubble thickly, about 45 minutes. Serve warm with ice cream.

*I use one 16 ounce bag of berries because frozen berries are expensive.
*I used a can of cherry pie filling once because that was all I had and I think I liked it better that way.
*I use pumpkin pie spice in place of the cinnamon and omit the ice cream altogether. We just aren't ice cream people.

2 comments:

ShellyH said...

yummy! This sounds delicous! Since I also have a recipe blog, can I add your blog url to my blog roll?

Michelle said...

tried this one tonight...Love it!

Thanks

Michelle